Director of Quality Assurance
The Director of Quality Assurance position is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and a team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of the Companies. Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
Company Risk Manager and COO
Essential Job Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a QMS for manufacturing plans.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect the improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts, and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position description is a summary and may not be a complete representation of the position, and the essential functions of the position could change as duties are assigned.
Build Group is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You can also apply to and see our postings on our LinkedIn Page.