Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide us directly or automatically when you access and use the Website.
Information that you provide us or give us permission to obtain
When you access and use the Website, you may voluntarily give us certain information. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, company name, and phone number (“Personal Data”) If you e-mail us, we may also keep your message, e-mail address and contact information to respond to your request.
Information that we collect automatically
- Log data. When you use the Website, our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Build Group features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used the Website, and cookie data.
- Session content. When you use the Website to connect with others who list their Website on Build Group’s platform, our servers automatically record conversations occurring on the Build Group platform to ensure compliance with Build Group guidelines and for monitoring, supervision, and quality assurance and training purposes.
- Device information. In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device on which you are using the Website, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Do Not Track. Your browser may support a “Do Not Track” option that can be selected in your browser settings, which sends a signal to websites you visit informing them that you do not want certain information about your visit to be collected. At this time we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
- Analytics and Usage. We may use data analytics and work with certain third party service providers to help us understand and improve the use of our Website, such as Google Analytics. These third party service providers may collect information sent by your device as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third party ad partners may also share information with us to help us measure and tailor ads.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to improve the Website. We also use the information to respond to your requests, make sales initiatives relevant to your needs, provide service and support, provide directions to our offices, or inform you regarding future events. We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, and to tailor the ads that we show you.. We also use the information that we collect to notify you about updates to the Website, monitor and test the Website.
We may use the information to send you email and other correspondence. These communications may include, but are not limited to, email, newsletters, service offerings, and event notices. You will have the opportunity to opt out from receiving future correspondence.
When We Share Your Information
We may share your information with third parties from time to time, including:
- Agents, Contractors and Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Website, fulfill your requests for authorized transactions, or provide user support.
- Analytics and Usage. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as other business. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product or may disclose to a professional how many times their profile has been viewed.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company.
- Other Users. Information that you post publicly through the Website (for example, photos, comments, or profile information) may be made publicly available.
- Investigations. We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us, helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website, or helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
Storage and Data Security
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation and destruction. We host these Website in a secure server environment that use firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Data. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Website at your own risk.
The content on our Service is intended for adults and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Modifying Your Information
You may ask us to correct, delete, or modify Personal Data that you have shared with us while using the Website. If you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Group Inc.
160 S. Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Effective October 1, 2022